Saturday, May 8, 2010

vanitycessity

I looked in the mirror this morning and asked myself "Am  I vain?"

I have noticed that I have been staying longer in the bathroom than I usually do. This morning, it took me 2 hours in the bathroom which includes the 1hour and 30 minutes doing my thing in the shower. Immediately after brushing, I stick a whitening plastic thing on my teeth  for 30 minutes. Before removing that whitening stuff, I apply a tea tree facial wash, tea tree scrub and tea tree skin toner on my face. Then I apply a seaweed skin pore protector. Then the moisturizer just after removing the plastic thing from my teeth.

After all that, I looked in the mirror and asked myself that question above. When I was just about to leave the bathroom, I suddenly realized that I was forgetting something. SUN BLOCK. My SPF 75 sunblock answered my question. Am I vain? The extreme heat has made those vanity stuff a necessity. Believe me, think of the hottest place you could think of (but not hell) then think hotter. That's how hot Manila is right now. Even my dog, a Siberian husky is having a hard time. We even have to place him in an air conditioned room and have him drink Gatorade (orange flavor only) all the time to prevent him from fainting. Manila is sizzling!
And I'm hot.

I usually have a tanned skin tone but the heat has caused my skin to darken, and caused my face to become more oily and prone to being dirty. Before being that vain, my skin was sticky and unpretty. Now they have restored and maintain my skin in its prime state (rosy smooth and light.) It's not like I don't like having a dark skin complexion, but most of my clothes are best worn with my lightened skin state. But for the teeth whitening, well it's just maintenance. It's really not just about being good looking, it's about being comfortable with myself.

So am I vain? yes but being vain is a necessity.

4 comments:

  1. As one who has perversely healthy, ruddy, and smooth facial skin, I'm not sure that I can say anything about you. Are you vain? Absolutely. Is it necessary? Not at all. But, then again, I don't have to do much to keep my face looking good (although some would argue that you also cannot polish a terd >_>).

    As for the teeth, I would just do what's healthy. If whitening them is healthy for them, then do that. Teeth are something you don't fuck with, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are gays generally vain? I want to know. My gaydar is malfunctioning. I may be a manhater but I like men. I like men a lot. hahaha! Only a man can make you go crazy and sane at the same time.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks james. I have to look good for that big day!

    To S, you are obviously generalizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just an honest question Jack.

    ReplyDelete